If you would like to get to know other dual sport adventure riders in the Austin metro area, please join us at our monthly meet & greet the 1st Thursday of every month. We meet in the parking lot of Twin Peaks restaurant on Stassney Lane in south Austin and kick tires, tell war stories, and enjoy a meal. We are a friendly bunch and all are welcome to join us.
Austin monthly dual sport ride – 1st Saturday every month, 8:30 am, stands up at 9 am, Texaco convenience store, 18901 Hamilton Pool Road, Dripping Springs, 78620 (intersection of Hwy 12 and Hamilton Pool Rd/3238)
We like to ride. A lot. As such, we have a recurring ride the first Saturday of every month that starts at 8:30 am at the intersection Hwy 12 and Hamilton Pool Rd/3238 in southwest Austin.
Every month we ride a different route, to keep things interesting. The planned routes include both paved and off-pavement riding and are suitable for any street-legal dual sport adventure bike. You can download the route gps files below.
There is no designated ride leader for the monthly ride (i.e. no one is in charge). Riders self-organize into small groups and then enjoy a fun day in the Texas hill country.
Austin monthly dual sport ride routes:
- Jan: Wimberley – 96 miles
- Feb: Luckenbach – 151 miles
- Mar: Willow City Loop – 125 miles
- Mar alternative route: Castell – 189 miles
- April: San Saba – 226 miles
- May: Fredericksburg – 229 miles
- June: Johnson City – 88 miles
- July: Marble Falls – 98 miles
- Aug: Spicewood – 87 miles
- Sep: Kendalia – 111 miles
- Oct: James River – 225 miles
- Nov: Pontotoc – 222 miles
- Dec: Burnet – 151 miles
Click here to download the GPX files for these rides.
The file includes all 12 routes in both route and track format.